Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Contest and Interview With Author of Higher Learning, Kris Starr

Hi everyone! Thanks so much to Paisley for giving me the opportunity to be here today!

For those who don’t know me, my name is Kris Starr, and I write erotica and erotic romance for both Ellora’s Cave and Carina Press. I’m going to talk about my new release from EC, Higher Learning, which is a contemporary f/f (with a touch of m!) story in just a moment, but Paisley kindly gave me some questions to answer, so I’ll start with those.

What’s your secret to writing a steamy scene?

Easy – using all five senses! Sexy interaction between people is all about senses, isn’t it? How things feel, how they taste and smell, the moans and groans of satisfaction. To be as realistic as possible (without being too clinical, of course!) you need to engage each sense in order to bring your description to life.

What is your favorite sexual position to write about?

You know, I don’t think I have a favorite one to write about, at least not yet. Part of the fun of writing erotic stories is picturing different positions and imagining how they’d play out on paper (or, as in this case, on screen…). It’s also mentally challenging to come up with ways to aptly describe what’s going on – making sure what you’re describing is physically possible, and keeping track of all body parts, clothing and/or toys! The challenge is taken an extra step when you change locations and try something outside the bedroom, too!


What is the hottest scene you ever wrote?

I’d have to say that the hottest one thus far – and I plan to definitely ramp things up in the future! – is in Higher Learning. It’s the first time I wrote both female/female and female/female/male sex scenes, and I think for a first attempt at them, they turned out pretty darn good! Let me tell you, though, when you move from two partners to three, you’ve definitely got to keep track of who’s doing what to whom! You’ll have to let me know what you think!

Now to the good stuff – here’s the blurb for Higher Learning:

Work on Anne’s master’s thesis is going well until her world is spun off its axis by the stunningly beautiful and very sexy Leslie. Interviewing this woman about her sexual history is turning into an exquisite form of sensual torture, but somehow Anne can’t find it in herself to stay away. On top of that, Leslie’s scorching kisses and electrifying caresses bring long-buried feelings and painful memories to the surface. And it doesn’t help that Anne’s boyfriend Michael is willing to let Anne do a little experimentation.

Anne’s obsession with Leslie begins to spiral out of control, affecting both her work and her relationship with Michael, until all that remains is a possibility that Anne both craves and fears. But not everything is as it seems and it turns out Anne’s not the only one keeping secrets.

Thank you to Paisley for having me here! And one lucky person is going to win a copy of Higher Learning just for leaving a comment. Good luck!

Cheers!
Kris

Link to the book: http://www.jasminejade.com/ps-8715-50-higher-learning.aspx
Kris’ blog: http://www.krisstarr.com/blog
Twitter ID: Kris_Starr

2 comments:

jessica said...

I haven't read f/f or f/f/m before. The blurb sounds good tho.

desitheblonde said...

hi and i like the book cover and
the the stuff you and then
wish you the best for more to come