Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Get to Know Author Kate Hill by Paisley Smith

Give up a big welcome to author Kate Hill! Kate’s got a very hot f/f read available for immediate download. So kick back and get to know this great lady who happens to own one extremely talented pen.

Hi, Kate, thanks so much for your time!

Paisley ~ Could you tell us a bit about yourself before we talk books? Background, career(s), family, where you hail from, how long you’ve been writing, hobbies, just anything to lay the groundwork for who Kate Hill really is?

Kate ~ Hi! I’m from New England, thirty nine years old, unmarried and have no children. I have three cats and two dogs and have been writing for as long as I can remember. In my free time I love to read and exercise. I’m also a big fan of horror, action and science fiction movies and television.


Paisley ~ What’s a day in the life of Kate Hill like? Take us through your routine, your writing habits, your research, everything you’re willing to out. 

Kate ~ Every day I allot time to do fresh writing, proof reading, edits, research and promotion. I have a day job, so when I’m not there I’m working on my writing. I like to work out in the morning and in the evening for stress relief and because I enjoy it a lot.

Paisley ~  What sorts of main genres and sub-genres do you prefer to write? Do you have plans to branch out into other genres?

Kate ~ I love writing paranormal and science fiction romance. I’ve tried many different subgenres of erotic romance and have also done some mainstream romance. In the future I’d like to do horror as well as continue with erotic romance.

Paisley ~  What publisher(s) do you write for?

Kate ~ I write for Changeling Press and Ellora’s Cave. I also have some stories with New Concepts Publishing.

Paisley ~  What else do you have in the works in the way of Works In Progress? Anything newly contracted that you can spill about?

Kate ~ I’ve just submitted a new Horsemen story for consideration and I’ve been working on another, so I’m keeping my fingers crossed about continuing with that series. Horsemen is my erotic fantasy series with Ellora’s Cave. It’s about shapeshifters who change from a full man form into that of half man half winged horse.

In 2011 I have several new series upcoming from Changeling Press. The Rough, Tough and Tumble series is a spin-off from the Aspections, which is about alien shapeshifters who can change into any form they want to. Also I will be finishing the Mate Marks Cursed series, which is about people who are tattooed by a magical artist and drawn to supernatural lovers who resemble their tattoos. Another series derived from Mate Marks Cursed, called Fantasy Man, will be coming later in 2011.

Paisley ~ Tell us about your f/f romance with Changeling Press!

Kate ~ Be glad to! The Huntress is a short story that takes place in the world of Hot River, a fantasy series from Changeling Press. Here’s the blurb for the story:

Magda, the powerful new werewolf queen, can handle just about anything, except witnessing the abuse suffered by her lover. Cassia has spent her life using her magical massages as well as her body to serve the greedy warlock who has enslaved her. Returning from a solitary hunt, Magda meets her lover at the inn where she works, and after another night of passion is determined not to leave alone. This time she will do whatever it takes to free Cassia from Stephan, even if it means risking their lives.

The Hot River and Yummy Love series are set in the same world and include M/F, M/M and F/F romances.

Paisley ~ Huntress sounds great! Is there anything else you’d like to share with us? News, website, blog, Twitter, Myspace, a newsletter, anything at all?

Kate ~ Yes, thank you! My website is http://www.kate-hill.com
From there links can be found for my series sites, Myspace, blog and newsletter.

Thanks for taking the time to chat with us. It was a pleasure chatting with you. I’ll be watching for your upcoming books!

Click HERE for more information about The Huntress by Kate Hill!

No comments: